1. What is a dry mix concrete batching plant?
For the traditional concrete batching plant, there is a concrete mixer to mix all the materials like stone, sand, cement, water and addtive aftering being weighed. For dry mix concrete batching plant, there is no such a concrete mixer to mix all the materials. It works in the following way:
1) Aggregates (sand and stone) are weighed by a aggregate batching machine and then delivered to a aggregate collecting hopper by belt conveyor;
2) On top of the aggregate collecting hopper, there are water, cement and additive scales. Water, cement and additive are weighed by the corresponding scale and then discharged into the aggregate collecting hopper;
3) Under the aggregate collecting hopper, concrete tranist mixer can stop and collect all the materials;
4) On the way to the work site, concrete tranist mixer will mix all the materials. When the transit mixer reaches work site, concrete is ready to use.
2. Features of dry mix concrete batching plant.
1) Cost-saving. Because there is no concrete mixer, so the cost of a dry mix concrete batching plant is much lower than a traditional concrete batching plant;
2) Much higher production capacity. For traditional concrete batching plant, we need 60 seconds to get one batch of concrete, among which 25 to 30 seconds are used to mix all the materials. For dry mix concrete batching plant, we don't need a mixer to mix materials, so we can save about 50% of time to get one batch of concrete.
3. Where is a dry mix concrete batching plant usually used?
1) Projects that are far from the concrete batching plant. Normal concrete quality might be reduced after long time transportation.
2) Concrete quality requirement is not very strict. Compared with mixer, the mixing performance of transit mixer is not very good.
4. Our dry concrete batching plant is composed of the following parts.
1) aggregate batching machine;
2) aggregate loading belt conveyor;
3) cement silo;
4) screw conveyor;
5) water, cement and additive scales;
6) raw materials collecting hopper;
7) support legs;
8) central control system.
5. How a dry mix concrete batching plant works.
The Main feature of a dry mix concrete batching plant is that there is no concrete mixer. It works in this way:
The aggregate batching machine weigh all the aggregates, and then the aggregates are delivered by a belt conveyor to the aggregate collecting hopper which is controled by pneumatic cylinder. Cement scale, water scale and additive scales are on the top of aggregate collecting hopper. After weighing, cement, water and additive are discharged into the aggregate collecting hopper.At last, all the materails are discharged into concrete transit mixer which stands below the aggregate collecting hopper. On the way to the work site, concrete transit mixer will mix all the materials. When the concrete transit mixer reach the work site, the concrete is ready to use.
Dry mix concrete batching plant can greatly increase the concrete production efficiency because the concrete transit mixer no need to wait for concrete mixer to mix all materials. For example, for belt conveyor concrete batching plant, we can get one batch of concrete in 60 seconds and the mixing time is 25s to 30s (adjustable), that means we can save half the time to get one batch of concrete by using dry mix concrete batching plant.
6. Details of our dry mix concrete batching plant.
|Production capacity (m3/h)||50||60||80||120||160|
|Concrete mixer truck volume (m3)||6||8||10||12||12|
|Aggregate feeding mode||Belt conveyor||Belt conveyor||Belt conveyor||Belt conveyor||Belt conveyor|
|Max. aggregate size (mm)||60/80||60/80||60/80||60/80||60/80|
|Discharging height (m)||4.1||4.1||4.1||4.1||4.1|
|Aggregate weighing accuracy (%)||±2||±2||±2||±2||±2|
|Cement weighing accuracy (%)||±1||±1||±1||±1||±1|
|Water weighing accuracy (%)||±1||±1||±1||±1||±1|
|Additive weighing accuracy (%)||±1||±1||±1||±1||±1|
|Total weight (T)||7||12||18||25||30|
7. Pictures of our dry mix concrete batching plant.
1）90m3/h dry mix concrete batching plant in Indonesia